Sunday, October 29, 2006
Saturday afternoon was really beautiful. So we got on the white "girls" (no prejudice here, they really are white!!!) and enjoyed the rare nice weather this time of year. Experienced riders will tell you how nice the fluid motion of the horse feels on your back and pelvis. It LIMBERS you up!!!
Friday, October 27, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
I hope Mom will forgive me for stealing her shot and posting this gorgeous picture. It is incredible that these fish swim upstream for miles and miles to lay their eggs and then die!!! Nature is so loyal and dilligent to their systems and instinct....why are WE so complicated as humans???....oh I know, we have a soul. When we get our emotional, physical and spiritual beings all crossed up, then it is complicated. To be balanced as a salmon fish...maybe just last a little longer.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Monday, October 16, 2006
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Friday, October 06, 2006
Thursday, October 05, 2006
"Yoga allows us to live as we would want to, usefully, lovingly and interestingly." -Swami Pragyamurti, a Satyananda Yoga Monk
Benefits of Yoga:
- realigns the body, strengthening bones and joints, tones and lengthens muscles
- builds self-esteem and self-acceptence
- detoxifies the system, purifying the internal system
- builds strength, flexibility and stamina
- increases blood circulation, which improves respiration and raises energy and vitality
- calms the mind and soothes the emotions, removing anxiety
- brings focus and clarity
- massages the internal organs, thus improving bodily functions
Yoga has become increasingly more popular in North America, as many other alternative modalities as well. It is encouraging to see our Nation taking more responsibilty for their own health. This is an improvement, as long as the stop b4 Yoga class IS NOT at Mcdonalds.
(No offense Mcdonalds, "Super Size Me" kind of remains on my mind)