Thursday, October 12, 2006

Herb-acious!!

I must share a shade of humour, a friend of my brother's came over today and for the last 2 weeks or so I have been drying a few herbs that I have managed to grow in my gardens. He got a devilish grin on his face and asked me, "How was your harvest???" You will see that this mere frame of herbs was all he could see....very faint yields, we'll be starving this winter.
Anyways, some of you that have frequented our office will know I encourage the use of Parsley in your diet. For many reasons...it is a soothing herb to the kidneys, and a gentle one at that!!!
A few of the main qualities are as follows:
Inhibits tumour-cell growth and is good for anemic conditions. Can stimulate the uterine muscle and has estrogenic properties. Provides carminative (inducing the expulsion of gas from the stomach and intestines), digestive tonic, diuretic and antispasmodic effects.
I personally am very fond of parsley and enjoy it very much.
Well, my Mother, partner (in crime..hee hee) are headed to Regina, SK tomorrow for a Health Expo. MMMmmmm wonder what neat thing we shall find there???
We'll keep you posted.
Namaste.
jh

No comments: